When you live outside from Mexico it is normal that you miss some things that before we saw as normal activities, but when you are abroad you really need them in order to be happier.
The first days or weeks you are abroad you do not even miss your friends or family that live in Mexico, we are enjoying the time, exploring new cities, hanging out with handsome boys or beautiful girls, or you just simply forget where you are from.
But after some time you realise that you miss your country and you cry when you figure out that you are thousands of Km’s away from home :(
Now that I live in another country I could say that what I miss from Mexico are the following things:
1) The delicious tacos we have in every corner of the city… at 2 am after a good party they taste better
2) The wonderful weather we have during the whole year, those 4 months of extreme cold is not really for me
3) To drink a good tequila, being in Poland there are brands that I never saw in Mexico in my whole life! And they tasted horrible to be honest! :P Or the incredible ‘caguamas’ after playing a football match
4) The delicious ‘garnachas’ that are really unhealthy, but they are the most delicious food in the whole world! For example: quesadillas, pambazos, gorditas, sopes, tlacoyos, huaraches, flautas, tortas, tamales, guajolotas, chilaquiles, tecolotes, tostadas, etc, etc, etc.
5) The amazing traffic jam of the big cities, for example in Mexico City it is incredible to spend 3 hours in your car in order to go to your job :)
6) The micros, combis, metro, byci-taxis and any other public transportation vehicle, they are not the fastest or the prettiest… but travelling in those vehicles is a typical thing of the Mexican Culture :)
7) The prices of the food in Mexico are the paradise! you can eat a ‘giant torta’ for 30 pesos (2 euros), or a full meal for 40 pesos (2.5 euros) is incredible! When you are in another country and you realise that with 30 pesos you cannot even buy a bottle of water you will miss Mexico for sure!
8) The taste, colour, price and texture of the fruits and vegetables. When you are abroad, you will regret that you did not eat your vegetables when your Mexican mother told you to do it
9) The quality, charisma, love and happiness of the Mexican people. When some stranger smile at you, is something you will miss a lot
10) To play ‘cascaritas’ (football) in the street of your house with all your friends. And remember the rule: the fat kid will always be the goalkeeper
11) The Mexican beaches to show our espectacular bodies of 90-60-90
12) That you cannot find any sauce or chili that are really spicy to put in all your food
13) Our parties where you dance, drink, laugh, play… a party where you do not dance it is not a party
14) To speak our unique language that identify us as Mexicans. Example: güey, cabrón, chilango, etc.
15) Our culture and traditions that are unique and impress the whole world. Mexico is an unique country!
And you, what do you miss from Mexico? Leave your comments below
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?