The alcohol consumption is really popular in a lot of countries in the world, in some countries this is not common due to the religion, culture or traditions.
In 2016, the World Health Organization (WHO) published a research of the alcohol consumption in the world (you can read the full study here). and now in this post we are going to present the data of Poland.
The study made by the WHO considered only the people older than 15 years old. In Poland, with a population of almost 40 millions, the alcohol consumption is legally permitted after you are 18 years old.
Now we are going to present some data of the alcohol consumption in Poland:
The average consumption of alcohol in general (beer, wine, spirits and others) in Poland is:
- 19.8 litres per year for men
- 5.8 litres per year for women
The beverage with the most consumption in Poland is beer, with an average of:
- 17.3 litres per year for men
- 7.7 litres per year for women
The beverage with less consumption in Poland is wine, with an average of:
- 2.8 litres per year for men
- 1.26 litres per year for women
The people that have been drinking in excess in the last 30 days:
- 10% of the total men older than 15 years old have been drinking in excess in the last 30 days
- 0.9% of the total women older than 15 years old have been drinking in excess in the last 30 days
For every 100 thousand (older than 15 years old), the percentage of traffic accidents related with alcohol consumption are:
- 25.8% of accidents with men
- 7.1% of accidents with women
The number of people that have not been drinking during the last year:
- 15.8% of men in Poland have not been drinking alcohol in the last 12 months
- 37.8% of women in Poland have not been drinking alcohol in the last 12 months
In Poland all the alcoholic beverages have taxes
There are regulations for the publicity of all alcoholic beverages
It is allowed to drive a vehicle with a maximum of 0.02% of alcohol in your blood (more less 1 white beer)
How many liters of alcohol do you drink everyday, weekend? :P What is the alcohol consumption in your country?
And please remember: If you drink do NOT drive.